I suspect we Americans all have very different emotions. Rather than express mine in my usual verbose way, I’ll simply write two things: my thoughts are with my cousins who lost a father, a brother, and a spouse eight years ago this day. Their grief is only compounded this week with another loss last week. My thoughts are with them. They’re also with my aunt who lost her closest friend, and with my brother and sister who bore witness, and all those suffered losses.
I’ll also just mention some of today’s play list (if you can figure out what most of these songs have to do with this day, you probably are or should be a shrink):
- Stockton Gala Days by 10,000 Maniacs
- Pictures at an Exhibition as performed by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
- Waiting in Vain as performed by Annie Lennox
- Dreamboat Annie by Heart
- Midnight Train to Georgia as performed by the Indigo Girls
- Used to Bad News by Boston
- Do What Have to Do by Sarah McClaughlin
- Walk Slow by Chris Isaak
- Walk a Thin Line by Fleetwood Mac
- The Wheel by The Grateful Dead
- Clap Clap by Piccolo coro dell’Antoniano
Please share your songs and thoughts.